Illustrating Children's Books - PRE-ORDER!
Note: This is a pre-order! Product will be released and available for immediate digital download by January 20, 2020.
Looking to tailor your artwork to the children's book publishing market? Marco will take you through real-life projects, from beginning to end. He'll demonstrate how he starts with an author's manuscript and goes through the stages of producing illustrations for the final, published book. Key features of the lecture will include:
- Understanding the essence of a manuscript
- Character Design
- Composing a page for the most appeal, rough sketches/blocking
- Understanding how kids see an illustration
- Using the digital environment to produce final artwork - using layers, brushes, effects, and more.
- Tuning your art fundamentals for the medium: contrast, color design and balance, shape design, and more.
- Formatting for print delivery: CMYK color space, setting up page bleeds, trim, margins, DPI, resolution, etc.
- Tips on working with clients
- Tips on working on books targeted to different age groups
- Not currently guaranteed, but working to include a bonus interview with a multi-time published children's book author!
Marco has illustrated children's books for companies big and small: Walt Disney Publishing, Sleeping Bear Press, Harper Collins, and more. His experience in the industry ranges from primary readers to various grade levels.
Please note: This is not a software tutorial from the ground up. It will assume some basic familiarity with the digital painting environment. Marco will be using Adobe Photoshop CC in this lesson, but the ideas and approaches are applicable to any digital painting application (much of the information also applicable to traditional media!)
Workshop will be at least 4 hours of HD video.
Questions? Email email@example.com