Note: A download link will be provided automatically after purchase. If you do not receive this, please contact us as soon as possible.
Approx. 7 hours of material
Perhaps nothing is more essential for an artist to understand than the human head. Drawing and painting the head well presents us with nearly every major drawing challenge: form, proportion, perspective, anatomy, complexity, simplicity, etc.
In Chapter 1, Marco will break down the head, with focus on the most important things you need to understand to draw and paint it well. These will not simply be anatomy lessons. They will be designed with application in mind, to give you the full scope of the art process, from understanding to execution.
In Chapter 2, Marco will paint the head in full color and light. Over several demonstrations, he will discuss how to go about simplifying and managing all the information presented in Chapter 1, turning it into a beautiful, artful image.
At the end of the class, several study tips are included, which can help you design your own assignments and actionable steps.
What you'll get out of the class:
- Critical insight into the complexities of the head, and how to simplify them and present the information well in a drawing or painting
- Practical information you can apply widely: from fine art portrait painting, to character design, to comic books
- Both a technical understanding of the human head as well as artistic interpretations
- Insight into overall art fundamentals: value, shape, light and shadow
- Fundamentals you can bring to all art subjects, beyond just the head
- What to look for to create the biggest possible impact with your paintings
- Develop a solid mindset that fosters confidence in your workflow
- Learn a non-technical, artistic approach to digital painting with Adobe Photoshop
Digital Download Info
How do Digital Downloads work?
Upon purchase you will immediately be emailed a PDF file containing the necessary links to access your courses. All classes are hosted through Dropbox.
Do the links expire?
Can I stream the classes?
Yes, Dropbox supports streaming.
Can I download the classes to my hard drive?
Yes, the files are yours to download. Though I kindly ask that you do not share the files with others on the internet. For one, it is illegal to do so, and second, doing that reduces my ability to produce high-quality lessons. Thank you very much for helping prevent piracy!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.