Understanding and Painting the Head
Approx. 7 hours of material
Perhaps nothing is more essential for an artist to understand than the human head. Drawing and painting the head well presents us with nearly every major drawing challenge: form, proportion, perspective, anatomy, complexity, simplicity, etc.
In Chapter 1, Marco will break down the head, with focus on the most important things you need to understand to draw and paint it well. These will not simply be anatomy lessons. They will be designed with application in mind, to give you the full scope of the art process, from understanding to execution.
In Chapter 2, Marco will paint the head in full color and light. Over several demonstrations, he will discuss how to go about simplifying and managing all the information presented in Chapter 1, turning it into a beautiful, artful image.
At the end of the class, several study tips are included, which can help you design your own assignments and actionable steps.
What you'll get out of the class:
- Critical insight into the complexities of the head, and how to simplify them and present the information well in a drawing or painting
- Practical information you can apply widely: from fine art portrait painting, to character design, to comic books
- Both a technical understanding of the human head as well as artistic interpretations
- Insight into overall art fundamentals: value, shape, light and shadow
- Fundamentals you can bring to all art subjects, beyond just the head
- What to look for to create the biggest possible impact with your paintings
- Develop a solid mindset that fosters confidence in your workflow
- Learn a non-technical, artistic approach to digital painting with Adobe Photoshop
Any questions? Email Marco at firstname.lastname@example.org